Guildhall Walk are Dementia Friends!
Our team undertook training with the Remind Dementia Service to improve our understanding about dementia and learn how to make the surgery more Dementia friendly!
“The word dementia describes a set of symptoms that may include memory loss and difficulties with thinking, problem-solving or language. These changes are often small to start with, but for someone with dementia they have become severe enough to affect daily life. A person with dementia may also experience changes in their mood or behaviour”.
If you have any feedback for how we can be more Dementia friendly please do let us know!
Five things you need to know about Dementia:
- Dementia is not a natural part of the ageing process.
- Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain.
- It is not just about losing your memory.
- It’s possible to live well with it.
- There is more to the person than the dementia.