At Guildhall Walk Healthcare Centre, we aim provide a student friendly service to those studying or staying in Portsmouth. We understand that when starting University there is a lot to think about and arrange, but it is really important to register with a GP surgery in Portsmouth.
To help you, we aim to ensure that the service we provide is flexible towards student life and that is quick and easy to register with us:
- We provide a service that is open for longer and has a range of flexible appointments and services.
- We also understand as student there is a struggle to commit to a specific time slot due to your timetabled arrangements, so we provide a Walk-in service where you are free to come in at a time that is beneficial to you.
- We are located directly in the centre of Portsmouth within close distance to the University buildings. We are directly opposite James Watson Halls of Residence and within walking distance from Portsmouth & Southsea train station.
- Our registration process is quick, simple and easy. You can register simply by completing a form online and you will be invited to the surgery for a brief health check. Alternatively, you can attend the surgery and complete a handwritten registration form and submit it to our Reception team.
- As a student, we appreciate that there will be times in the year when you will be living away from Portsmouth. You can even request repeat medication online and arrange for your prescription to be sent electronically to your local pharmacy.
- At Guildhall Walk we are proud to employ students as part of our Reception Team. This means that you will be engaging with staff who understand student life and going through similar life experiences to your own.
This map highlights where Guildhall Walk Healthcare Centre is situated within the University area:
- James Watson Halls Residence
- Eldon Building
- Student Union
- University of Portsmouth Library
- Trafalgar Halls Residence
- Park Building
- King Henry
- Student Gym
- Harry Law & Reece Halls Residence
Where can I get support?
Starting University can be a daunting experience and can at times be quite stressful. It is important to look after your mental health!
University of Portsmouth, Student Wellbeing Service
The Student Wellbeing Service offers confidential help with a wide range of personal and emotional concerns and is available to every student at the University, free of charge.
Phone: +44 (0)23 9284 3157 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRISIS Resolution and Home Treatment Team
A confidential 24-hour, seven days a week crisis service for people who are already receiving treatment from the local mental health services. Tel: 023 9268 3400
Information and support. Tel: 0808 8083333
National helpline for anyone experiencing mental health problems. Open every day of the year from 12pm–2am.
Tel: 0845 767 8000
Book an appointment with your GP. We are here to help. We can also help with referrals to get further help and support